Installation guide for cPanel
This is a guide for installing FileRun on a hosting service which uses cPanel. It applies to most hosting services, as they all have similar control panel options.
1. Open cPanel
Login to the control panel of your hosting account.
2. Upload FileRun to your hosting
- Download the FileRun installation package to your computer, from your FileRun client account.
- Open the hosting control panel, scroll down to the “Files” section and click “File Manager”
- “File Manager” will open, browse the “public_html” folder and select your domain.
- Click “Upload” and upload the FileRun installation package, the Zip file.
- Get back to the folder listing and click “Reload”, the uploaded file should appear.
- Right-click the uploaded Zip file and select “Extract” then click the “Extract” button.
- Close the “Extraction Results” window.
- A folder was created and the files were exactred inside it.
- You can rename the folder to whatever you wish.
3. Open FileRun web installer
When you open a browser window and direct it to the folder where you have exactracted the file, you should see a page welcoming you to the FileRun installation wizard. If you don't, you should check that you have opened the right web address. If you are sure you have the right address, please check this page for troubleshooting: Troubleshooting
4. Create a MySQL Database
- Get back to the hosting control panel.
- Scroll to the “Databases” section and click “MySQL Databases”.
- In the “Create New Database” section, fill in the “New Database:” field. This field is usually prefixed with your hosting control panel username and the underscore character.
- Type “filer” or whatever name you wish to give to the database and click “Create Database” button.
- A confirmation page will be displayed letting you know that your database has been created. Copy the database name to a text file on your computer and click “Back”.
5. Create a MySQL User
- In the “Add New User” section, type in a username and a password. This user will be used by FileRun to connect to the MySQL database. You can use the provided password generator link to quickly get a secure password for the user.
- Copy the username (including its the account prefix) and the password to the text file where you have previously copied the database name.
- Click “Create User”. A confirmation page will open letting you know that the new MySQL user have been added. Click “Back”.
6. Add MySQL User to Database
- In the “Add User To Database” section, select the recently created user and the database and click the “Add” button. A page will open, asking you to select the privileges for the user.
- The simplest way is to select the big “ALL PRIVILEGES” button and click “Make Changes”. Again, click “Back” in the confirmation page.
- The MySQL configuration is now completed.
7. Complete FileRun setup
- Open the FileRun web-based installer and click “Next”. The “System Requirements Testing” page will open displaying a list of requirements. On the “Notes” column, FileRun will tell you if the server meets the requirements or not. If the “Next” button is disabled, it means that you need to change something in the PHP configuration. If it's not, click “Next” to set the “MySQL configuration” information.
- Fill in the form using the MySQL information you have previously saved in the text file on your computer. On most servers, the “MySQL Server” filed should be filled with “localhost”.
- Click “Next”. FileRun should let now let you know that the installation was completed successfully. You can click “Next” to open the FileRun login form.
Remember that the default superuser login is admin/admin.